Thursday, October 30, 2008

happy 11 months, silas! (playing catch up)

Hi there!! I have some catching up to do. Marshall was gone for 3 weeks to Airborne School at Fort Benning, GA and he got home Friday night. I didn't share his absence on the blog because well, you know, it's a public place and I didn't want the world to know we were home alone. There are some creepies out there. We missed him and are so glad he is home safely with no broken bones, etc. Way to go, Marshall! Thank You, Lord for protecting him.

Silas turned 11 months old on Saturday. He is doing some waving bye bye and loves to "give me five". I'm trying to get him to eat chunky foods, but he's not very excited. He does like his puffs. Sophie knows to sit under the high chair and when she hears the puffs canister open, she stands at attention. Tooth number 2 broke through sometime during the night. Silas still loves to climb and walk along the couch. He is really gotten good at getting up and down to and from standing. He now likes to play at his exercauser as well as in it. Right now he is wearing the most adorable set of long johns...a one piece union suit with bears on it. Pure cuteness. I can't believe my baby will be a year old in less than a month.

How sad is it that we don't have a real pumpkin yet? We'll be working on that after nap is over.
Can't wait to show you Silas in his costume tomorrow! I'll give you a hint.....ribbit ribbit!

Thanks for checking in on us!

3 comments:

Renee' said...

My husband LOVES union suit jammies on his kiddos. I mean he goes crazy over them. We do have a pumpkin but I don't think it is going to get carved until after the holiday!

Rob and Candy said...

Silas, you have more teeth! you are changing everyday. I cannot wait to see you in your costume!
candy

Kilgo4 said...

How adorable. I am so glad all is going well. We miss you both terribly, but we rejoice over this new place that The Lord has brought you to. May you continue to be blessed beyond measure. I can't wait to see the little prince's costume. I will update my blog soon, so you can see my babies, that are not babies anymore. Love you!