Tuesday, March 11, 2008

official travel packet

Our Official Travel packet arrived in the mail today. It's full of travel information, both general for traveling to Ethiopia and specific, in terms of the necessary documents and details on the adoption side of the house we need to get together.

We're going to make our own travel arrangements, because from here, it's just easier and we will most likely get a better price. We went to the travel agent the other day and inquired about it. We will try to get a direct flight on Ethiopian Air instead of the KLM flight I took last summer. It was a great flight, but direct would be fabulous.

I think the Official Travel packet means that we're legit and we will be traveling to Ethiopia! Woo hoo! Of course we need a successful court date first, but this is big news. It was encouraging to finally get this step in the mail. Now I need to get to work and get some things notarized, faxed, copied and so on. I've busted out my orange highlighter and I'm going through the packet line by line. Each paragraph gets us closer to our boy!

I don't think the paperwork ever really ends. You just take a little break during the wait. But, no, you do not hear me complaining. I will notarize, fax, copy and so on joyfully and with Silas in my heart. I would walk 10 miles in the snow uphill both ways and barefoot to fax a document for that boy! Thankfully we are having a very mild winter, but I would do it if I had to. :) I'm sure that counts for something.

No word yet on when our court appointment is. We are continuing to pray that it's this month and we will travel in April. I'll keep you posted, no pun intended.

8 comments:

K.P. said...

Great news. Every little step is still a step!

Praying for your court date!
KP

Team Dragovich said...

I cannot WAIT to have the complete Coen Family here in NC!!! So happy that you got your travel pack-- praying for that court date, and for smooth travel plans...BTW, Team D. may be spending a month in Germany this summer-- when are you coming back to the states?
Hugs,
Shari

Anonymous said...

Checking in daily for that court date blog and pics to pop up and this one is a VERY good and exciting post. The official travel packet! Keeps you a busy bee before the court date arrives - because then...well,let's face it; you will simply be bumbling, buzzing and beaming. Get that work/nectar gathered for Silas now : ) . heart,sabrina

Team Dragovich said...

Tony hasn't officially made his request, yet, but last night we decided the best time frame for us is 15 June to 15 July. He will be working in the hospital in Launstuhl for that time. Of course we plan on doing weekend traveling and I will be spending some time with my girlfriend in Baumholder. I'll let you know as soon as we have dates locked in. Where are you guys, again??
Shari

tisha said...

Yea! :)
Tisha

Andrea and Peter Kidd said...

Wondering if any news on your court date.....I guess that's like asking if there is any news on our referral. I would probably know when you hear, right? Just thought I would stalk anyway and ask, to let you know I am thinking of you. So glad to hear you got your travel package, so exciting!

Andrea

Anonymous said...

You guys...this is exciting!!!!!

kristin said...

You've been tagged! I chose you becaseu I want to get to know you more!
http://rogersadoptionstory.blogspot.com/