Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Frohe Weihnachten, Ya'll!

(That's Deutsch Texan for Merry Christmas One and All!) We are having a quiet day. We got back yesterday from a wonderful trip to Austria. Marshall got to snow board and I got to relax with a stack of books, hot tea, and BBC Prime (can you say What Not to Wear marathon?). So refreshing! Sophie and I played in the snow and I made a snow angel...yes, I'm 30 years old, but when there is that much snow, how can you resist? Pictures to follow.This is how we travel...Sophie on my lap. No kennel for this girl.
There's the world champion snow boarder!
This is our hotel/guesthouse. It was beautiful and comfortable with only 70 rooms. Nice and cozy.
This is me building up the courage to do my snow angel....
Sophie loved the snow...more each time we went out. I think her paws got used to the cold after a while and she ran and jumped and stuck her face in it. Fun to watch. Yes, she's wearing a pink coat. Now, don't think we're "those kind of people". She did not like it at first, but when you live in this climate, a pink heart quilted jacket is a must to go outside for extended periods. It really keeps her warm...thanks Mom! Our friends brought their pug Rambo and he sported a manly argyle sweater. Sophie loves Rambo.
I did it....I dove into the snow and waved my arms and legs....note to self: next time, lay down carefully (and not in jeans) as to not get snow up under my coat which results in a wet bottom....for a few hours.



On the adoption front: We hoped for at least a referral and some pictures of our children by now, but it was not to be. So we're holding on, praying and trying to, dare I say, enjoy the wait. I'm confident that the new year will bring some action our way. Some days it's easy to get frustrated and wonder why in the world we have to wait so long, but then I'm reminded that God is indeed in control. Now don't let that fool you...I am not a super woman without a care in the world. It can be overwhelming to be so in love with children on a different continent and no way to know who they are...yet. I think when all is said and done, we'll be able to look back and see at least some of the details of why we waited.


I'm dreaming of what next Christmas, Lord willing, will be like. No sleeping in for these Coens.


Merry Christmas! And remember....


Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. Luke 8:11

I'm off to make our birthday cake for Jesus....more photos to come!






5 comments:

jammie said...

FROHE WEIHNACHTEN WUENSCHEN EUCH JAMMIE, ESAID UND JADEN! you know what that means.how fun u got to go to austria, its so beautiful there...i miss home :-( hihi i love how u said that next year there will be no more sleeping in on weihnachten ;-) you got that right...i am praying for you every day and your kids of course. everything will turn out just fine...i am so looking forward to having you around here in bragg, i'm so excited.

jill coen said...

Jammie, I can't wait to get to Bragg to see you! Thanks so much for praying for us...I know you are! I think you were praying we would get Bragg. ;) Merry Christmas! See you very soon!!

Carpenters said...

I love the snow angel! What fun (at any age)! Merry Christmas.

With Love,
Penelope

tisha said...

I agree with Penelope, making a snow angel is fun, no matter what your age is! :) Your trip sounds so nice.

Tisha (awaa yg)

Rebecca Caldwell said...

your trip looked so fun!!! I love snow...Have a Happy New Year!!!